Do you love designing and building world-class software? Do you enjoy tackling challenges head-on and digging into technology stacks to solve problems?
Are you passionate about writing high-performing code that scales well?
If so, we need you to be our new Software Engineer! The Software Engineer is a vital member of our tech team, working across the software development life cycle to bring us high-performing and scalable software solutions. The Software Engineer will build, maintain, and upgrade software to support our operations as an eCommerce business with a focus on the backend of our platform. Additionally, in this role you will drive the development of a custom data collection and reporting system, writing code that “glues” our systems together to support a variety of business applications across our organization.
- You will gather and analyze functional requirements for new and existing software solutions
- You’ll maintain and upgrade existing software platforms, tools, and features, primarily working in a cloud-based environment
- You’ll work cross-functionally to ensure that we have the best technology processes and systems in place to met our business needs
- You will be responsible for server-side web application logic and the integration of the front-end work we do, writing web services and APIs
- You’ll design and implement data pipeline workflows using Apache Airflow to process company data
- You’ll write understandable, testable code with an eye toward maintainability and scalability
- You’ll help evolve our systems organically, without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software
- You will promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible
- You’ll learn and adapt continuously to modern technical excellence practices and techniques
- You’ll lead high-impact projects in analyzing available data to develop actionable insights into systems and software performance
- You’ll maintain extensive documentation and create knowledge artifacts as our subject matter expert of PHP/Laravel backend development and data engineering
To succeed with us, you must bring:
- A drive to always improve - you pursue development for yourself and your work, finding ways to contribute to increased success of the company
- Innovation - the ability to think differently about solving problems
- A growth mindset - you love constructive feedback because it helps you learn, and you give high quality feedback to your colleagues, as well
- Excitement about uncharted territory - you don’t need an established playbook, because you want to write a new one
In addition, to succeed as the Software Engineer, you must:
- Excel at synthesizing business priorities with developmental projects to bring the right solutions to fruition
- Have the vision of a software architect and the coding chops of a seasoned developer
- Operate as an innovative self-started with a passion for technology and a keen interest in eCommerce
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or relevant equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in back end software development
- Demonstrated experience writing high quality code within a serverless software architecture
- Demonstrated experience working within the google cloud platform
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining functional data processing systems
- Demonstrated experience working with the Laravel PHP framework
- Some experience coding with MySQL, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with our specific systems (Odoo, BigCommerce)
- Experience as a back end developer for an eCommerce company
- You’re an outdoor enthusiast!
Spire Collective is a team of creators working to solve challenging problems with innovative solutions. We are on a mission to make products that enhance people’s lives. We accomplish this by thinking differently about product design and being a little obsessed with continuous improvement - for ourselves, our team, our products, and our customers. Visit our website here to learn more about our company, our Team, and our values. We’re a growing company looking for high performers to join us on our journey to becoming a globally recognized brand. We offer a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a focus on continuous improvement that delivers real growth for our employees as they help us solve our greatest challenges and build for the future.